About photojo - Jo-Anna Robinson
I started as a cadet photographer for The Advertiser in 1999 as a baby-faced 16-year-old. In 2012, with 14 years of great experiences and challenging photo-shoots behind me, I decided it was time to focus on my own business. And please only one editor - YOU the client. My job at the paper taught me how to take a great photograph in any situation - regardless of the elements involved. So I am confident I can work in any circumstances to achieve the pictures you desire. Thank you for taking the time to look over my photographs - I look forward to hearing from you!
I've shot just about everything over the years - and you can see a nice cross section of photography on my website. From sport photos and concert shots to and editorial images and portraits, as well as weddings, family photos and corporate images. If you'd like to see some more of my pictures please click this link to go to my full website - photojo.com.au - and flick through the different galleries there...
Now I'm running my business full time I'm predominantly shooting weddings, family photos, event coverage and taking pictures for businesses for their websites and promotional material. But I love a challenge - and goodness knows my previous job threw me some curve balls, so I'm not limiting myself to those categories!
My business name "photojo" came about from my volunteering for Camp Quality, where there were too many people named Jo. So I was known as Photographer Jo - and the perfect business name was born - photojo!
I have done volunteer photography for Camp Quality for over since I became a photographer (since 1999). This not for profit charity injects 'fun therapy' into the lives of children living with Cancer. These children are simply inspirational and volunteers involved in this charity are some of the finest people on the planet. I'm grateful to have had the honour of working with this organisation and its people and look forward to more of the same 'fun therapy' in the future!
For more information please visit www.campquality.org.au
- SA Media Awards - Best Sport Photo - 2011
- Archbishop's Media Citation - 2008
- SA Media Awards - Best Photographer - 2007
- SA Media Awards - Best Sport Photo - 2007
- High Commendation - ANZANG Nature and Landscape Photographer of the Year - 2007
- SA Media Awards - Best Sport Photo - 2005
- High Commendation - Commonwealth Photographic Awards in London - 2004
- Archbishop's Media Citation - 2004
- Rural Photographer Of The Year - 2001
- SA Youth Media Awards - Judges' Commendation - 2001
- Second Prize - Rural Photographer Of The Year - 2000
- SA Youth Media Awards - Judges' Commendation - 2000